Since 1876 football has been played in Burslem or nearby.
Port Vale FC were founded in the Middleport area of Burslem and have played in Burslem, Cobridge and Hanley, before settling in the current location - Vale Park, Hamil Road, Burslem. The club has been negotiating the snakes and ladders of the Football League for over 100 years.
SupeValeAbroad was founded in 2018 as a means of connecting Port Vale fans around the world, through social media and the internet. Founder Patrick Scragg, originally from Milton, lives in Sydney, Australia. Other founder members are located as far afield as Thailand, the USA, Canada and New Zealand. Our goal is to do whatever we can, despite the distance, to grow the Valiants fan base.
What We've Achieved
- 1953-54 Semi-Finalists - FA Cup
- League One Champions: 1929–30, 1953–54
- League Two Champions - 1958-59
- Football League Trophy winners - 1993, 2001
- Anglo-Italian Cup Runners-Up - 1995-96
- World Cup players - Robbie Earle (Jamaica) Chris Birchall (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Famous managers - John Rudge, Stanley Matthews